Booking an airport transfer from KRK airport to Zakopane
When it comes to booking a transfer from the Krakow John Paul II Airport, you have a couple choices, depending on where you plan to go and what time your flight lands. The quality and availability of Krakow taxi drivers varies heavily, so it is well recommended to book your transfer to/from Krakow in advance – this guarantees a safe and timely trip without additional costs involved. Especially longer trips from Krakow airport might require pre-booking a car in advance – please remember that outside of the city or at night, the taxi prices jump significantly, making a big impact on your airport transfer travel budget.
Avoid taking a taxi at the airport stand
While it may be tempting to just grab a taxi at the airport stand, we do not recommend this option – the travellers have been known to be charged significantly more by the drivers waiting at the exit of the airport, often more than double the regular price. On that budget it is safer to book a fixed price pre-booked limousine trip to Zakopane, which guarantees that your pickup will go well and without any unnecessary trouble.
Talixo works with both Business and First Class drivers providing excellent black-car service, as well as Economy+ chauffeurs which provide you a flexible service at a fixed price. We work directly with local providers, who put their pricing into the system based on their local rates – this guarantees that you won’t be overcharged for the transfer and that you know the price of your transfer in advance.
Traveling to Zakopane
Zakopane is well known as the capital of winter sports and attractions, not only in the southern part of Poland but the whole region. If you’re arriving in summer, stay assured that you won’t be left alone – there is still plenty of things to do once we arrive. The transfer from Krakow Airport or Krakow City Center to Zakopane can take between 1 and 2 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions.
Considering the crowded road to Zakopane and curvy road leading there, it is not recommended to drive by yourself – a chauffeured trip will offer a much more comfortable travel at a reasonable price.
Advantages of a pre-booked trip from the Krakow Airport and Krakow City Centre
Should you decide to book your trip in advance, there are quite a couple significant advantages:
- Your driver will be waiting for you at the airport for 45 minutes (or 90, if you book the exclusive first class service) with a name sign in the arrivals hall, ready to take you to your hotel immediately
- Online payment is available, not requiring you to bring any cash and worry about the local currency. With Talixo, you can pay by credit card for your taxi or limousine trip.
- If you’re in Krakow for business, your company will receive a standardised invoice from Talixo, available as a PDF online immediately after your limousine trip!
- Consistent quality – the pre-booked chauffeured service from Krakow airport is the most efficient and convenient way to go to Zakopane– the Talixo driver will always be there to pick you up and depending on which class you choose – Economy+, Business Class or First Class – we guarantee the same service levels worldwide
- Convenient way to book a longer trip to Zakopane, Wadowice, Wieliczka or Auschwitz. There are four attractions that every tourist visiting Krakow should see – book your private transfer to Zakopane from KRK airport or Krakow city centre and save even 50% with Talixo! Local providers often charge tourist double – that never happens with the Talixo pre-booked service, which offers the same price to all customers.
- 24/7 customer service – our English, German and Spanish-speaking customer care service is available non-stop for all travellers worldwide. If your itinerary changes or you have any questions, our agents are always available via phone and e-mail for your convenience.
- Accounting for flight delays – the Talixo system automatically accounts for flight delays, making sure that the driver is at the pickup location right when your flight lands! The service includes 45 minutes of waiting time after your flight lands – your chauffeur will patiently await your arrival to drive you home, no matter the time.
Pre-booking private hire cars during your stay in Krakow and Zakopane
Talixo is available for airport transfers, private chauffeur and taxi trips during your whole stay, as well as longer, per-hour or per-day hire should you decide to take a longer trip to one of the famous tourist attractions. You can order your ground transfer by app or via the Talixo website.